Thursday, September 10, 2009

Artist Statement, Fall 2009

My preferred media are ceramics, photography, and digital art. When working in clay, I work on an electric potter’s wheel throwing mainly bowls, vases, and mugs. In photography I work mostly in portraits, architecture, and personally inspiring scenes. When working on the computer, I usually create portraits, self-portraits, and conceptual pieces akin to cartoon art. Messages vary with each series or piece and can fluctuate from disorder to recycling to religion. I believe the purpose of art is to produce something truly beautiful to you, not always adhering to the usual meaning or connotation of “beauty”, and to send a message if so desired. Art does not lack structure, but it is loose: it is independent, but may have guidelines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment